Thursday, February 28, 2013

Guerlain Shine Automatique: Rendez-Vous 762 Review

Since I am not much of a lipstick fan in general, I was curious to the difference between Rogue Automatique and Shine Automatique. Many people say there isn't much of a difference and it comes down to personal preference between the two types. My take so far is that Shine Automatique is a bit glossier than Rogue Automatique colors.


This is the description from the permanent Shine Automatique line:
Shine Automatique hydrating lipstick is for the fun and flirty girl who wants to add a little sparkle to her life. Guerlain introduces Shine Automatique, a moisturizing and long-lasting lipstick that combines bold color with pearly particles to give your lips discreet yet exceptional shine. Lips are left soft, smooth and luminous. Now available in a bouquet of 12 shades.

Of the 4 Spring 2013 colors, I had narrowed it down to Romance (601) from Rouge Automatique and  Rendez-Vous (762) from Shine Automatique. Romance is the color of my lips. Rendez-Vous is almost the same shade. It's a "my lips but better" shade. It is a soft blue rosy pink. So I decided to get Rendez-Vous from the Shine Automatique collection too. I had to pass on Flirt (761) because it is a bold purple pink shade. It's almost fuchsia. It's too cool toned for me and I prefer to stick with more natural looking makeup.


Like the Rouge Automatique, it comes in a unique slide dispenser. The application is smooth and glides on. The feel of the lipstick is light. As with the Rouge Automatique, the formula is not too drying but also not super moisturizing. It is just moisturizing enough for long term wear without the need to constantly reapply.


Though it is such a natural soft looking pink, the shade is almost unique. I looked around to see if there were other shades like it and while some come close there isn't one exactly like Rendez-Vous. Between Romance and Rendez-Vous, I would have to say that I prefer Rendez-Vous since it's so flattering on me and a harder shade to find in other brands.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: