Sunday, February 10, 2013

Clinique Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer Review

One of my favorite all around facial care item happens to be Clinique's Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer. It gives my skin an impossibly refreshed and awake looking glow that I have not seen with any other cream or serum on the market.
Fast acting exfoliating serum instantly creates a luminous-from-within radiance. Reveals skin's finest texture, too. Works to optimise natural cell renewal, gently, continually, unveiling skin that's brighter, healthier, more uniform. Becomes softer, younger over time.
The serum comes package in a long blue tube with a chrome pump top and cap. The serum is an almost clear milky color that is very light and fluid.


I first picked up the Turnaround Concentrate as a bundle with the Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer. Having never tried it before, I remember being confused by its claim of "exfoliating". I thought it was a serum! Was I supposed to rinse it off after I applied it?? I read some reviews to make sure I would be using it correctly. As I suspected, many people wore this serum under their moisturizer.


Clinique's "exfoliating" claim must refer to the serum's ability to quickly promote new skin cell turnaround. I put it on underneath another Clinique overnight cream (not the Turnaround cream) and went to bed. I was amazed at what I saw the next morning. My skin looked brighter and more awake than I remember seeing it before. It was almost as if the serum left my skin a gorgeous healthy glow.

At that point, I wondered what the serum would do coupled with the Turnaround moisturizer. If the serum was this effective alone, paired with the night cream it would be unstoppable! I tried the Turnaround serum with the Turnaround night cream, but I have to say I think most of the skin cell renewing power comes from the serum. There is not that big of a difference on my skin between using the serum with any other moisturizer than with the Turnaround moisturizer.

My only caveat is that if you keep using the serum, it seems to lose its effectiveness. After awhile, the glowing seems to stop. But if I stop using it for a couple of weeks and pick up the serum again, that bright luminescent look immediate comes back.   

I also know that Clinique reformulated this serum a few years ago. I wish they stayed with the old formula. That was a thousand times more effective than the formula on the market now (though the current formula still works well enough).

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.


No comments: