Monday, February 18, 2013

Clinique Youth Surge Age Decelerating Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Review

As I mentioned in my Repairwear Intenstive Night Cream post, a Clinique SA told me that I would not benefit as much from the Repairwear line since I am so young. He recommended I try the Youth Surge line as an alternative. Luckily for me, I had a large sample of this as a gift with purchase so I could try it out before buying it.
Leveraging Sirtuin technology, Clinique science uses youth-extending agents to create a daily moisturizer with visible effects. Lines and wrinkles seem to evaporate, replaced by plump, vibrant skin alive with collagen and elastin. Skin gains strength over environmental agers. Looks younger, longer.
Youth Surge comes in a white pot with a chrome screw on lid. The cream is white with a medium light texture. It also contains SPF, but it is not a strong enough sunscreen to last throughout the day. I would recommend another layer of SPF over this for day use.

I am not sure what is in this cream, but this is the only item I have ever tried in the Clinique facial care line that has ever caused a reaction with my skin. For the record, I have sensitive combination skin. The usual oily t-zone with normal/dry skin on the cheeks and chin. I tried using this product for a week and every single time I experienced the same reaction: my face started itching.

It wasn't a strong itching where I had to scratch my face, but it was enough that it definitely bothered me and lasted throughout the day. The minute I washed it off, I had no more itching sensation. Luckily my face didn't turn red or anything. It just itched. I did catch myself beginning to scratch my cheeks (where the itching was the worse), so I finally gave up Youth Surge.

I don't know what in this cream is caused the itching sensation, but I must be mildly allergic to something in it.

Photo courtesy of Clinique.

No comments: