Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Guerlain Rouge Automatique: Romance 601 Review

I originally wasn't going to review the other items in Guerlain's Spring 2013 line, but I am just beginning to realize how nicely their particular shades of pink for spring complements my skin tone. The upcoming lines have less items that appeal to me, so I am revisiting Guerlain's Cils d'Enfer collection one last time before the Terracotta and Terra Ora collection eclipses it.


This is the description from the permanent Rogue Automatique line:
Rouge Automatique hydrating long-lasting lip color: automatically fashionable. Coveted as an It Bag, precious as a gem, glamorous as stilettos! Open and close with just one hand. Its innovative formula combines long-lasting hold with comfort and radiance. Rouge Automatique offers a burst of color, available in a bouquet of 25 shades.

I chose Romance (601) over Ballade (600) because Romance is the almost the exact shade of my natural lip color. It's a nude pink. Whereas Ballade is a peachy pink. There are the subtlest hints of orange in it. Orange tends to make me look yellow, so I didn't want to chance it with Ballade. Of the 4 Spring 2013 lip colors, the Guerlain SA recommended Romance for me. He also agreed that Romance is the almost exact shade of my lips. So I ran home with Romance in my hot little hands. 


The formula is smooth and glides on during application. This is my first Guerlain lipstick, so I had no idea their Automatique lipsticks came in a unique dispenser. All I do is pull the button down and the lipstick rises out of the tube. Definitely convenient when you only have one hand to apply your lipstick with.


The Rouge Automatique isn't drying nor super moisturizing, but it's comfortable for long term wear without the need to reapply constantly. Since I'm more a of a lip gloss and lip balm girl than a lipstick girl, this left me pleasantly surprised.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: