Friday, February 1, 2013

An IPL Journey with the Remington i-LIGHT (Part 10 Review)

My fifth week of IPL brought some surprises. My underarm's reaction has been consistent throughout treatment. It can only handle IPL level 3 on that area. Regardless of the lack of IPL intensity, the hair rate on my underarm has slowly dwindled away. 

I expected to be able to use the i-LIGHT at the highest IPL setting of 5 for my leg this time. But when I started with the usual setting of 4, I felt a higher level of discomfort than anticipated. The feeling stayed concentrated around my lower leg. I must have more hair growth there than I guesstimated. I didn't feel anything but warmth on my upper leg. So that area must have little to no growth.

As expected, since I have a rhythm down now it was extremely effortless. Based on the IPL sensation on my skin, I would venture to say that my hair growth has slowed down significantly. The hairs also appear weaker. They instantly crumble into a sooty mess onto the handset. Before the hair would be singed, but there would be very little on the handset to clean up. Now I am regularly finding bits of burnt hair on the handset. (And they are a pain to clean up!)


All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: