Monday, February 4, 2013

Clinique Repairwear Intensive Night Cream Very Dry Skin Formula Review

Wintertime always brings the same present for me every year: dry flaky skin. The older I've gotten, the more I notice the dryness. Cold dry weather in particular brings out rough red patches or peeling skin on my face if I'm not careful about moisturizing. Over the years, I have tried many different types of moisturizers - drug store, high end, homemade - and I keep on coming back to one brand in particular: Clinique.


When the season changes and I need to heavily moisturize my skin, I use Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Night Cream. I have tried different formulations of Repairwear Intensive Night Cream and only the Very Dry Skin formula works for me. Nothing else functions as effectively on my skin.
Developed especially for very dry skin, this potent hydrating cream works all night to help block and mend the look of lines and wrinkles. Rebuilds stores of firming natural collagen. Fuels 24-hour antioxidant replenishment that arms skin for tomorrow.
The night cream comes in a 1.7 oz pot with a chrome screw on lid. The cream itself is white. It has a smooth texture and medium feel in heaviness. The lettering boasts "Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free." which is perfect for people who have sensitive skin. It is also moisturizing and wrinkle reducing!


I admit I am still young and my mom turned me onto Clinique while she was in search of her own skin care products. I have had Clinique SAs tell me that I do not need to use Repairwear yet since it is intended for more mature ladies. One SA told me that he honestly thinks that my skin would not benefit as much from the Repairwear line since my skin still has a fair amount of collagen in it at my age. He even tried to recommend other Clinique creams he thought would be more help to me (a review for another day).


Despite all that, I have personally seen results for this cream so I continue to use it. I enjoy Repairwear for a variety of reasons. First, it is a powerful moisturizer. Used after a good exfoliation session, the night cream locks in moisture. The next day my skin feels hydrated without feeling greasy. If my skin is at the dry peeling stage, a day or two of heavy Repairwear use corrects it. Secondly, it is supposed to reduce wrinkles. That means it is also preventative. When I noticed developing laugh lines, I put extra night cream on the area and it disappeared.

At the end of the day, while I try new creams, I always come back to this one. I think it says a lot about its quality.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.  

No comments: