Friday, February 15, 2013

An IPL Journey with the Remington i-LIGHT (Part 14 Review)

I am almost a month and a half into my IPL sessions. This post marks my seventh session. I'm going to hold off making any assumptions or remarks about the effectiveness of Remington's i-LIGHT until I reach the two month mark. Until then, I will continue posting about my results and immediate aftereffects.

I know I've said it before, but I feel that it bears repeating, I have not used any other form of hair removal on my underarm and leg since I started using IPL. My underarm is fairly smooth. At the most, it has bits of what most people would mistake as new stubble. My leg has a smooth side and a stubble filled side. The smooth side has areas where it looks like extremely fine hair is growing in. The stubble side looks like I haven't shave it for a couple of days.

I have kept the IPL setting consistent for each part of the body. Level 3 for my underarm. Level 4 for my leg. The underarm session goes by in the blink of an eye. It take a minute at most. There is nothing left on the skin but the smell of slightly burnt hair. The leg is still surprising me. The lowest part of the lower leg area still experiences the rubber band sting sensation, though the rest of the leg area is painless. I wonder if this is because I still have new hair growth around that area. Or if I am going over spots I previously missed. I only feel a nice warming sensation on the rest of my leg. (A very welcome feeling on a cold night!)

Unlike the last session, the handset is only moderately covered in singed hair. I did find lots of "soot" on my leg though which is much easier to clean up than on that left on the handset.


All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: