Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief Review

I used Clinique's Moisture Surge as a teenager. Back then, it was the most effective moisturizer in the Clinique line for me. A fine film of it was like face balm that smoothed and evened out my skin. A bit thicker in application and it would get rid of any flaking or cracking skin. I still use it nowadays for troubled skin moments.

Light, comfortable cream/gel plumps skin with hydration for a full 24 hours. Fine lines, flakiness and tightness are washed away. In their place—a sense of supple, firm, vibrant well-being, even through shifts in humidity. One ‘drink' and skin looks and feels happier, healthier. Oil-free.
Moisture Surge comes in a clear tub with a chrome screw on cap. The cream itself is a soft pink. It is more of a gel than a cream. It may be one of the lightest and easily spreadable moisturizers that Clinique offers.


It is extremely versatile. I can use it at night or in the morning with SPF.

The moisturizer glides on and absorbs into the skin immediately. It does not leave behind any greasy or heavy feeling residue. I can always feel it working on my skin with a slight tingling sensation if my skin is extremely dry.


If I use it at night, I wake up in the morning and any dryness or crackling skin I may have had is gone or greatly reduced.

I wish had more anti-aging properties, but I get the feeling that this particular moisturizer is aimed at a younger demographic than the other Clinique anti-aging creams. It is very effective and does what it promises.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: