Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Clinique Repairwear SPF 15 Intensive Day Cream Very Dry Skin Formula Review

Along with Clinique's Repairwear Intensive Night Cream, I use Clinique's Repairwear SPF 15 Intensive Day Cream Very Dry Skin Forumla during my waking hours. It promises the same benefits of the night cream but combined with SPF power for day use.
 Potent hydrating cream turns skin's most vulnerable time into repair time. Helps block and mend the look of lines and wrinkles. Replenishes antioxidants. Protects with skin-friendly SPF 15 so you face the day looking vibrant, full of life.
The day cream comes in the same packaging as the night cream. A plain 1.7oz  tub with a chrome screw on top. This cream is pink. It has a smooth texture and medium feel in heaviness. As with the night cream, the day cream has lettering that boasts "Allergy Tested. 100% Fragrance Free." for people who have sensitive skin.


The day cream is very moisturizing. While it contains SPF, I always add a layer of additional sunscreen on my face. A thin coat of SPF in this day cream will not help block out the UV light exposure during the course of the day. Since I do not feel that the night cream is greasy, I expected no less from the day cream. Depending on the weather though, sometimes I feel like this cream gets my skin too oily at the end of the day. My forehead and nose in particular gets extremely shiny.  I have tried the regular Intensive Day Cream formula and it just doesn't help in the moisturization department.
 

I also don't see as much change with the cream on my face during the day as I do overnight with the night cream. My skin doesn't look renewed or regenerated. It looks the same. But perhaps that's to be expected? At least I don't look worse than when I put on the cream in the morning.

Rumors have been abound that Clinique plans to phase out some of its Repairwear line. This day cream is no longer on the market. Whispers that the night cream is going has circulated too. I can live without the day cream, but I think I may need to stock up on the night cream.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: