Sunday, January 13, 2013

Tarina Tarantino: Dollskin Cream Blush & Pressed Sparklicity Duo Review

I started to expand my Sparklicity collection after playing with my Sparklicity Opal. I wanted a pink shimmer highlighter after missing out on Guerlain's Cruel Gardenia and Tarina Tarantino's Dollskin Cream Blush & Pressed Sparklicity beckoned me. There are two shades: Coral Cameo and Mr Pink. I choose Mr Pink because of the pink Sparklicity powder. In my overzealous quest to find a nice pink sparkle powder, I didn't give much thought to the cream blush side of things until my order arrived.

Its description from Sephora:
What it is: A collection of blush duos with exquisite powder formulas that glisten.

What it does: Get a gorgeous, radiant look with these rich, velvety-soft blush combinations. The unique formulas blend effortlessly on cheeks and kiss skin with the subtle shimmer of micro-crystalline Sparklicity. The intense pigments are long-lasting, leaving skin beautifully moisturized and glowing all day.

The duo comes packaged in a cute silver mirrored compact.

 

When I opened the compact, my first reaction was that the pink was... too pink! It is a bright neon pink. I don't see how anyone would be able to pull this color off on their face if they are heavy handed with applying the blush. The Sparklicity powder is a nice quiet white pink.


The cream blush glides on the skin. It is very easy to apply. As suspected, a little goes a long way. The color it leaves behind is a pink kissed look. It reminds me of skin when it's been outside in the cold and the skin tone takes on a weather pink kissed hue.

The pressed Sparklicity is very demure compared to the blush. The pink blends into the skin without leaving behind a trace of its pink base. Much subtler than Opal, but with hints of shimmer and sparkle when the light hits the skin.

While fun to play with, neither blush nor pressed powder did what I hoped for. The blush too pink, the powder not pink enough. 

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: