Thursday, January 24, 2013

Victoria's Secret: Very Sexy Shimmer Powder Review

Victoria's Secret released a bunch of shimmer powders for the 2012 holiday season. According to the site, while packaged in different colors and shades, all bottles contain scented golden shimmer. The scents are different scents from their perfume line: Angel, Bombshell, Heavenly, Noir Tease, and Very Sexy.
Very Sexy
Shimmer Powder
A shimmering fragrance fantasy. Sparkling powder touches skin with golden glimmer and Very Sexy scent.
Vanilla Orchid, Sun-drenched Clementine, Midnight Blackberry

When I saw the shimmer powders at Victoria's Secret, I debated picking them up because I now have enough shimmer powder to last me several lifetimes over. I did, however, have an expiring coupon to use and with nothing else catching my eye, I selected the Very Sexy Shimmer Powder to test.


The bottle is stored in a beautiful red box. A perfectly prepackaged gift for the holidays. The bottle itself is a long slender red glass bottle topped with a black atomizer puff. It hints at sexy elegance.


Unlike previous releases from Victoria's Secret, the powders are all gold so the deciding factor for me was scent. Of the five shimmers available, the Very Sexy scent appeals to me the most. The scent of vanilla orchid, clementine, and blackberry is clean and refreshing. It smells much nicer on my skin than in the bottle too.

The shimmer itself is disappointing. The color in the bottle is a lovely silver gold. It distributes fairly evenly, but seems to be missing that magical something that can be found in Tarina Tarantino or the Body Shop's shimmers. The sparkle is barely perceivable, but not it a good way. Sort of like if you managed to get some specks of something sparkly on your skin but you didn't notice. It looks out of place.


It also doesn't catch  light very well and the shimmer doesn't last very long. The scent itself outlasts the sparkle factor.

While the bottle is extremely beautiful, I'm glad I didn't pick up any more Victoria's Secret Shimmer Powders when it went on sale. On the bright side, the bottle itself is refillable. I may use up all the Very Sexy powder and refill it with Tarina Tarintino loose powder.   

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: