Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Guerlain Météorites: Teint Rose Review

After receiving Perles du Dragon, I knew I wanted Teint Rose.


Teint Rose is a part of Guerlain's regular météorites collection. The year round météorites come in three shades: Teint Rose, Teint Beige, and Teint Dore. Teint Rose is for light skin tones. Teint Beige is for medium skin tones. Teint Dore is for dark skin tones.
There weren't as many blue perles as I would have like. There is a blue perle all the way on the top right underneath a white perle.
I have read about Teint Beige being universally flattering, but opted to go with Teint Rose for a variety of reasons. Teint Rose is what originally drew me to Guerlain. I have had my eye on these particular météorites because the color combination of perles intrigues me. It has the pink/blue green/purple concealer combination touted by many other beauty brands to help even overall skin tone. It also seems like the Teint Rose mix has a hint of pink to it and pink flatters my color combination.

Close up: White, Champange, Gold, Pink, Lavender
I couldn't find an official description for Teint Rose, but this is Guerlain's press release for the reformulation of the météorites trio in 2010.
INSPIRED BY LIGHT, CREATED BY GUERLAIN When white light passes through a prism, it separates into a spectrum of different colours. Inversely, all of these colours together recreate ideal light. This is the principle behind the decomposition and recomposition of light. In photography and film, white light is used to erase imperfections and soften features. In 1987, Guerlain decided to use this technology to add dazzling radiance to women’s faces  and thus created Météorites... In 2010, Météorites have added a new chapter to their legend. Evanescence, lightness, and transparency … They now come in 3 new colour harmonies, holding the secret to the purest radiance ever for each skin tone.

The perles come in a silver tin box covered with a white sponge and have the signature Guerlain violet scent to them. There are a total of six colors: white, champagne, gold, blue, pink, and lavender. Based on my limited knowledge of Guerlain, I assume the first 3 colors are for illumination. The later three are color correctors. Blue to even out redness. Pink to conceal dark spots. Lavender to brighten any yellow undertones.
You can see hints of pink on the sponge. The powder itself is very white tinged with the slightest pink.
Compared to Perles du Dragon, Teint Rose is completely unnoticeable when swept on the face. I couldn't really tell I had put anything on my face at all. No noticeable subtle glow like with Perles du Dragon. No shimmer. I tried it out for the first time on a day when I was running short on sleep and slightly sick. Oddly, this was the day a friend complimented me on my skin tone. She told me my skin looked even and healthy and then asked me about my skin care regimen.

All six colors from my tin.
 Reading other reviews of Teint Rose, it seems like this reaction from others is not uncommon. The regular perles add a subtle something to the skin that other people can pick up, but not pinpoint.

I really like Teint Rose for an everyday météorites while Perles du Dragon are more for special occasions. I may have to add Teint Beige to my météorites family in the future too.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: