Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Guerlain Météorites: Perles du Paradis Review

Immediately after I purchased my Perles du Dragon, I heard whispers about Guerlain's Spring 2013 release. Within days, I found photos of the Cils D’Enfer collection online.

The beauty theme in Spring 2013 is all about pink. Guerlain météorites for Spring 2013 are no exception.
Guerlain's legendary magic pearls illuminate your skin with a beautiful radiance. Pearls from paradise features six skin-toned and pastel shades in an oversized, limited-edition case. The traditional correcting colors, blue and green, have been replaced by pink, to brighten dull areas, and silver, to reflect ambient light for a one-of-a-kind glow.

The complexion is instantly rejuvenated and lightened with a subtle shimmer for a revitalized look, perfect for every skin tone. The magic of Meteorites Perles du Paradis is enhanced by a beautiful pink powder puff to provide flawless application.

I knew I had to owe these perles the minute I saw the promo photos. It looked like it would be a beautiful frosty pink that would be good as an illuminator or blush. I anxiously waited for them to be released. The minute I heard about the météorites landing Stateside, I placed a mail order for them. I got Perles du Paradis much later than anticipated, but all that waiting made me even more eager for them.


The Spring 2013 météorites are packaged in an old fashioned cardboard boudior powder box. It reminded me of my grandmother's powders (right down to the puff), but with an elegant twist. It also contains a lovely pink puff as these extra large météorites are meant to be used on the face and body.


However, the nostalgic packaging does not seem to travel well. Fine powder lined the packaging box housing the météorites container. The underside of the container lid was stained pink despite the giant pink puff sitting on top of the perles as a barrier. The puff itself dispersed a cloud of finely milled powder even when gently removed from the container because it was completely saturated from loose powder created during transport.

On the plus side, there was enough fine powder to capture on camera. The Perles du Paradis have a definite frost pink tint to them.

The perles themselves are the most beautiful shades of pink. There are six colors total: silver, champagne, peach, rose, fuchsia, and lavender. The only sparkly ball seems to be the silver one. All mixed together it creates a fine frosted pink powder.


One heavy application of Perles du Pardis and I can already see the pink blush on my checks. With a lighter hand, it gives my overall face a soft rosy glow. I love it. These extra large pink hued météorites are extremely versatile.

I can't wait to see Guerlain's Summer 2013 collection!

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: