Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Tarina Tarantino: Sparklicity Bronze Shimmer Dust Review

I had only wanted the original Sparklicity Shimmer Dust. It seemed to be hardest one to find though. So along the way I ended up with the gold version and the bronze version as well.
 
What it is: A microcrystalline glitter for the body and hair.
What it does: Sparkle is a state of mind and this product adds dazzling shimmer to bare shoulders, legs, hair, and the decollete. Its microcrystalline sparkle pigment is made almost entirely from a reflex material, which creates a luxurious and fantastical twinkle effects in a glowing bronze shade that's a perfect accent to a bronze complexion. What else you need to know:" Influenced by soaring Moorish architecture and dusty Turkish horizons, Sparklicity Bronze conjures up images of sun drenched vistas and regal exoticism. Dazzling geometric tiling from the famed Topkapi Palace inspires this sophisticated update of summer colors. Shimmering neutrals, misty golds, and soft oasis blue lure you eastward on this elegant voyage." XOXO, Tarina Tarantino, jewelry designer and makeup artist
The bronze Sparklicity bottle comes in a shimmering tan brown bottle with tan puff. It comes with two plastic caps that seal off the top. One covers the entire head and another one stops up the nozzle.

I had zero interest in the bronze shimmer because I figure it would be like a highlighting bronzer. It would clash with my pale skin. When Sephora marked it down, I looked at it again.

Then it hit me!

I could use this in my hair! Flecks of bronze in black brown hair would be gorgeous. Many reviewers mentioned using the golden shimmer for blonde hair and bronze shimmer for brown or black hair. It catches and reflects light without looking like I have a head of dandruff. I tried to take a picture of my hair with shimmer in it, but couldn't get the lighting quite right.
Concentrated bronze shimmer on arm.
It also looks nicer on my skin than expected. As with the golden Sparklicity shimmer, you can build on the bronze color by adding more.
Very lightly spritzed.
The only downside is the sealed top making the bottle non-refillable.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: