Friday, January 11, 2013

An IPL Journey with the Remington i-LIGHT (Part 4 Review)

I started my second session exactly a week after my first session. Despite the initial redness and tenderness on my leg, all symptoms were gone within two days. More importantly, after a few days, it seemed like the stubble on my leg had been growing! Remington claims that after the first couple of sessions hair will appear to be growing, but in reality is being "pushed out" from the skin.

Following that logic, it would mean that the hair is no longer attached to the follicle, but still embedded in the skin. It should be relatively simple to pull out. I took a pair of tweezers and applied the gentlest pressure to the hair shaft. It tingled right down to the root. All of the hair I tried on my leg and underarm reacted the same way. They were most definitely not being "pushed out". The hair was still growing.

That's when I made the decision to start my second session a week later instead of 2 weeks later as recommended.

I kept everything on the same setting I used during the first session. Level 3 for my underarm. Level 4 for my leg. It was all quickly done in 5 minutes. The smell of burnt hair filled the room again. Nothing out of the ordinary happened. At the end of the my second session, my underarm and leg didn't even look or feel red and tender like it did the first time.
What my hair leg looked like on the second week.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: