Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Body Shop: The Sparkler in Enchanting Gold Review

Unbeknownst to me, for the last couple of years, the Body Shop has been releasing a limited edition holiday item called The Sparkler. The original colors are Boudoir Pink and Enchanting Gold. I would have loved to own Boudoir Pink. In my head, it is the elusive pink shimmer powder that I have been lusting after. I had hoped for Boudoir Pink to be released again, but The Body Shop went with Enchanting Gold and Dazzling Copper for 2012. So I picked up Enchanting Gold along with my Brush on Radiance.
Our brilliant spritz-on highlighter is back for winter 2012. This limited-edition atomiser releases a fine shimmery powder to highlight the face, body and hair. Perfect for the party season.
  • Golden shimmer
  • Even application
  • Mess-free
  • Lightly scented
  • Limited edition

The shimmer powder comes in a frosted bottle with a fancy golden atomizer puff. The head has a little spout that can be closed off with a plastic cap. The bottle itself is very plain. I must admit I am slightly disappointed in the packaging. The bland looking bottle looks out of place with applicator and the idea of fancy fun sparkles.


Through the frosted glass of the bottle, the shimmer takes on a soft golden hue. Looking at the powder directly, it is obvious that it is a golden powder with specks of sparkles in it. The shimmer looks slightly chunky. When applied, The Sparkler takes on a whole new dimension.


The shimmer is present but subtle. It blends into the skin leaving behind the tiniest specks of golden shimmer. When the light hits, it twinkles and sparkles. It does not immediate call attention, but it adds a extra touch of glittering glow to the skin.


I think the quality is the same, if not better, than Tarina Tarantino's Sparklicity line. I really enjoy Enchanting Gold and wish I have more occasions to use it. Hopefully, the Body Shop decides to re-release Boudoir Pink or another pink Sparkler for 2013.


All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.


2 comments:

World in Ruins said...

I bought both colors after the holiday on a buy 3 for $10 deal so i really enjoyed that. But I don't really like the product. I feel like the staying power is like none. I'm glad you like it though!
Jennifer

http://naturewithnurture.blogspot.com

Monica said...

FYI- The Body Shop has re-released the pink shade for the 2013 holiday season!

Hope you get your hands on a bottle this time!
<3