Friday, January 25, 2013

An IPL Journey with the Remington i-LIGHT (Part 8 Review)

Remington advises users to have three sessions biweekly for a month. (Tangential observation: I'm not quite sure how they worked the math out on that since three sessions biweekly means a month and a half....) So I was super excited to start my 4th session. I figure this would be the turning point where I would really start to see results since I've zapped almost all the active follicles during their growth cycles.

I have imposed a hair removal ban on the areas of my body where I am testing the Remington i-LIGHT, so I can see real results as it progresses. My underarm shows progress - mostly bare with areas of stubble. I have bald patches on my leg and patches of stubble too. It is half and half at this point. The areas where new hair is growing back is much finer and sparser than before.

For my 4th session, I put on my sunglasses and started to work as usual. Underarm first. Leg next.

It was quick and I almost debated changing my leg setting to the highest level this time. I barely felt anything on my leg. I think I will try the higher setting for my 5th session. The areas where there is no hair has no sensations to the IPL. It was only the parts that had more stubble that I felt the hot rubber band snapping sensation.

There was the usual burnt hair, but I feel like they are also much weaker or easier to burn since I started my IPL sessions.

Fine hairs and hairless areas.
All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: