Sunday, January 6, 2013

My Beginnings With Guerlain


I have been coveting Guerlain météorites for years. I have never had the courage to buy them because of their extremely high price tag. During one of Sephora's Friends and Family sale, I had them sitting in my cart, but removed them last minute. Even with the F&F discount I couldn't justify the purchase to myself.
I'm not a huge makeup junkie, but my weak spot happens to be highlighters and lip glosses. I have looked at various highlighters on the market. I purchased several of them, but found they didn't do exactly as I wanted. I needed something more subtle yet illuminating. I figured with all the money I spent on subpar illuminators, I could have invested in Guerlain météorites. I decided to do some more research. After reading several makeup blogs, I learned all about regular Guerlain météorites and limited edition Guerlain météorites.

I had no idea they had such a cult following. There are people who collect météorites. Some make it a point to be the first in line to get them. It is used as a finishing powder, an illuminator, and (with the right météorites) blush. After reading such positive press, I dropped by Sephora to test them. As a germaphobe, I do not like using store makeup testers on my face. Instead I swatched the balls on the back of my hand and arm. Testing it out this way, I couldn't see if the météorites made any difference on my skin or not.

Still, I continued to read about Guerlain météorites. At the time, the Emilio Pucci Summer 2012 release awaited in stores. The colors looked like they were geared towards darker skin types with warm skin tones. The orange balls in particular made me nervous. It seemed like it would make cooler skin tones yellow.
Then I learned about Guerlain's fall release... and stumbled into a new world.

Photos courtesy of Guerlain.

No comments: