Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Peter Thomas Roth: Retinol Fusion AM Moisturizer SPF 30 Review

In conjunction with my Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion PM, I use Peter Thomas Roth Retinol Fusion AM Moisturizer in the morning. This promises the same effect as the Retinol Fusion PM, but with the added benefit of moisturization and SPF. I used both AM and PM to optimize my retinol benefits throughout the day.
What it is:
A daytime hydrator that fights wrinkles and guards against UVA/UVB rays.

What it is formulated to do:
This multi-action daily essential features a potent concentration of time-released retinol to encourage skin's renewal process and maximize efficacy with minimal irritation. With regular use, this moisturizer improves texture, evens skintone, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, and visibly reduces pore size. This formula also features antioxidants that fight free-radical damage.


The Retinol Fusion AM Moisturizer comes in a dark blue bottle with a pump top and cap. I like this design much better than the Retinol Fusion PM's. It limits air exposure to the product. I can still control the amount of product I want. When I reach the end of the bottle, I can unscrew the pump top to pour out the rest of the product.


The product is smooth and creamy. It is a bit on the runny side, but still pretty solid for a cream based product. It is very easy to apply.


I like that this product provides moisturization and UV protection as well as retinol benefits. My skin never feels dried out, like it would occasionally with the Retinol Fusion PM. It keeps my skin smooth and blemish free.

My only word of caution is that you definitely need to wear another layer of SPF when going outside. Either the retinol in this product is strong or the SPF is weak, but whatever the reason I started to get sunspots when I first started using this. I immediately doubled up on the SPF and stayed out of direct light. It helped, but I had to use other beauty products to help me banish those emerging sunspots.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

1 comment:

Robert Wilson said...

Anti-aging creams and products are available a large vary nowadays and you may get to resolve what's best suited for your skin to get pleasure from nice results along with your efforts. There are ingredients that have anti-aging properties and create a quality product for your skin. Anti Ageing Cream