Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Review

When I picked up Keihl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate, I wanted another eye cream to pair with it. After reading endless reviews and browsing available eye creams online, I decided to stick with a Kiehl's brand eye cream. My logic? Items from the same company are probably more complementary together than items from different brands. I wanted maximum fine wrinkle banishing power.

After looking at various eye creams from Kiehl's, I settle on the Rosa Arctica Eye as the eye cream to pair with the Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate. Kiehl's description had me excited about it prospective effectiveness.
Anti-Aging, Rejuvenating Eye Cream.

• This anti-aging eye balm is infused with rare “Resurrection Flower” to re-energize skin for visibly younger-looking eyes. 
• Natural brighteners instantly smooth and illuminate the area around the eyes.
• Sensitive under-eye skin is fortified, visibly smoother and firmer.
• Kiehl’s Insider Tip: Warm by rubbing the formula in the jar in a circular motion to activate the formula.  Pat delicately using your ring finger along the orbital bone.
The eye cream comes in a frost marine blue pot with a chrome screw on lid. On the top, Kiehl's has placed a seal saying "Hand Harvested", to show their pride in using natural ingredients


The eye cream is by far the most solid eye cream that I have every encountered or used. It is more like lip balm in texture. I take my nail and chisel away a bit of it, rub it around the palm of my hand to warm it up, and apply the warmed  up eye cream with my ring finger to my orbital area. 


I am looking for smoothing out fine lines and brightening. According to the website, this is the eye cream for me. Used for a couple of days by itself, I am not convinced that this works. I see some brightening. I see absolutely no smoothing.  Lastly, I don't feel as if this cream is very moisturizing.

While I don't hate it, I don't love it either. It did nothing for my eyes, but it didn't make it worse.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: