Thursday, March 7, 2013

Le Métier de Beauté: Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo Review

One of the hottest eye care items on the market at the moment is Le Métier de Beauté's Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo. It was recently release in January 2013. Le Métier de Beauté drummed up a bunch of publicity about their new eye mask online. Many bloggers have raved about the performance of their new eye mask.

Until I read the reviews from other websites, I really had no interest whatsoever in Le Métier de Beauté. They are primarily a cosmetics brand. I have heard of their makeup line being fan favorites, but since I am more a skin care junkie than a makeup junkie, I haven't paid much attention to them. I also admit to being skeptical of a makeup company producing skin care. However, the rave reviews and before & after photos of the Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo effects piqued my interest, especially in light of my eye care journey.

I picked up Le Métier de Beauté's Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo during the Neiman Marcus Beauty Event. That's when I learned that this eye mask is already high in demand. It instantly sold out at my location. I ran home with my purchase and waited for a convenient day to test it out.

Refresh under eyes in an instant. Introducing the new Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo from Le Métier de Beauté.
Perfectly shaped translucent treatment patches help restore the delicate under eye area with an infusion of moisturizing actives. Featuring patented technology, the seaweed-based mask immediately cools, delivering tuned hydration to deeply quench and refresh tired skin. The perfect amount of moisture packed into one package, ideal for keeping under eyes refreshed and revived at home or on-the-go.
  • Translucent masks seal in one-way hydration to energize and brighten eyes.
  • Seaweed-base immediately delivers a cool, calming sensation with actives to soothe the delicate under eye area.
  • Individual sachets ideal for extended air travel, hotel stays, or boosting moisture after exercise.
  • Translucent patches deliver moisture discretely and effectively.
How to use:
  • Remove transparent sheet from tray.
  • Place Ultra Hydration Eye Mask beneath each eye, covering the sensitive under eye area and top of cheek bone.
  • Product will form a 'second skin' and adhere to the area during use.
  • Apply for 15 minutes. One time use only. Apply as desired, daily.
The packaging is simple. It comes in a sleek black box with eight individual packets. The packets are also black and have an easy pull open design located on the lower left corner. The eye masks rest in a plastic tray. I noticed as I removed the tray that there is excess solution in the packing - I presume to keep the product moist. The eye masks are translucent and gel-like.


They are huge on my face. I didn't expect them to be that big even though I've seen pictures online. They covered a whole third of my facial area. I put them on and went about my usual business. There was a nice cooling sensation as I applied them.


Many reviewers have claimed that the eye mask stays put and does not budge. I do not find this to be the case. They do migrate south. How much depends on what you're doing. I ate the first time I used them and it slipped about a fourth of an inch downward (and would have continued) before I had to pull them back up. If I don't do anything with my facial muscles, they slide down about a tenth of an inch. It's not enough to be bothersome, but enough that it's noticeable, especially if you're trying to get the product as close to the lash line as possible. There is no problem trying to walk around with them on your face. Overall, they stay in the general area of the face where they're supposed to be without any extra help nor do they require you to stay completely stationary.

When I removed them, I felt a warming tingling sensation. I quickly ran to the mirror to check my reflection. Keep in mind, I have no problems with puffiness. My main worries are about the beginning of fine lines and dark circles. I checked my eyes from several angles, but I couldn't see a difference. I was very disappointed. I decided to finish the rest of my night routine and go to bed. When I woke up the next morning, I noticed the skin around my eyes seemed much brighter even though I only had about six hours of sleep.

I decided to try the eye mask again the following night to see if I get more visible results - either immediately or the next day. This time, there seemed to be a softening of fine lines when I smiled. My eye area also seem much more refreshed than it should have been after another measly six hours of sleep.

I decided to try it again for the third day in a row. This time, I could see immediately changes to my eye area. The smile lines around my eyes have definitely soften a bit. The general eye area is brighter. I can see why this is so popular now. It has definitely earned the rave reviews it has gotten online.

If the effects are long lasting, I may have to look into other Le Métier de Beauté skin care products.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: