Sunday, March 10, 2013

Clinique All About Eyes Rich Review

Le Métier de Beauté's Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo made me realize what I'm looking for isn't primarily anti-aging properties in my eye care, but moisturization. Keeping the eye area hydrated prevents the onset of fine lines and reduces the appearance of dark circles (more moisture means better blood circulation around the eyes). With that in mind, I decided to pay more attention to eye creams that promise more hydration to the skin around the eyes.

Clinique's All About Eyes Rich captured my attention because it is supposed to be exactly like All About Eyes but with extra moisturization for the eye area. All About Eyes has been my eye cream staple for years, so I looked forward to trying out the Rich version. It might be all that I need for my newly aging undereye area.

Moisture-rich eye cream diminishes the look of undereye circles, shadows, fine lines-instantly and over time. De-puffs, calms with botanicals. Helps boost natural collagen production. Strengthens skin's moisture barrier against common irritants. Ophthalmologist Tested.
Like the original, All About Eyes Rich comes in a clear plastic pink pot with a chrome screw on top. The texture of the cream is smooth and a bit thicker than the original. It is still very easy to apply.


The Rich version hydrates like it promises!

Like all good Clinique products I have used, I see results the next day. The undereye area looks brighter and plumper. It is not drastic improvement, but it is enough that it is noticeable. Continuous use maintains and improves the effects of the eye cream. However after awhile I stop noticing results. If I stop for a week or so and reuse the cream, I can see the effects again.

Rich moisturizes, but I don't know if it is moisturizing enough for me during the winter months when my entire body just dries up from head to toe. I may switch to from the regular version to the Rich version for everyday use, but I still have to find a good super rich moisturizing eye cream for those super harsh days.

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: