Monday, March 4, 2013

Kiehl's Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate Review

I am on a quest to find the holy grail of eye creams. Unfortunately for me, my age is starting to show around my eyes. Nothing noticeable when I'm not making any facial expressions, but I now have very obvious crinkles around my eyes when I smile where there was nothing there before. I need something to tame the emergence of these fine lines. While searching for a good eye cream, I stumbled onto Kiehl's, a brand I have heard of, but never used before. 

I had some samples of their products so I decided to give it a try and see how I liked it. There were no eye cream/treatment samples on hand, but I liked the sample products I had. The Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate specifically caught my attention. I searched their online store and realized they also carried an eye concentrate from the same line. I made a leap of faith and blind ordered the item hoping it would be as fabulous as the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate.
Formulated to improve the look of the delicate eye area with a potent concentration of Pure Vitamin C 10.5% (L-Ascorbic Acid), known for its affinity with skin and powerful ability to improve the appearance of aging skin. While Haloxyl, a new-patented ingredient, strengthens, soothes and brightens the eye area helping to eliminate dark circles.
The main thing that piqued my interest is the 10.5% concentration of vitamin c. I can also use the extra brightening to combat the dark circles under my eyes.


The product comes in a tiny 0.5oz tube. The texture is smooth, but looks slightly lumpy (think hummus like texture). Like the Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate, the Line-Reducing Eye-Brightening Concentrate has a warming effect on application. It is a very nice soothing sensation. I used this like an eye serum and applied eye cream over it.


After just a couple of days of use, I could tell that my eye area turned brighter and the lines started to lessen a tiny bit. Used for a month, the brightening of the eye and softening of fine lines become more obvious. It hasn't fixed my problem completely, but it has left my area area better than it has been. 

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

No comments: