Monday, March 11, 2013

Josie Maran Argan Oil Review

While reading up on potentially moisturizing eye creams and eye treatments, I read several comments from various sites recommending argan oil for the undereye area. I have a bottle of it for those intensely dry skin days, but never thought about using it for my orbital eye area. The idea of putting any kind of oil around my eyes instinctively repel me. These are echoes of leftover skincare education about how any kind of oil on the face is always bad. However, I know from experience that oil for the skin as a cleanser or moisturizer can do wonders. So why couldn't argan oil help with restoring moisture to the eye area? Especially since argan oil contains vitamin e and fatty acids.
What it is:
A lightweight oil that can be used as a daily moisturizer or treatment for skin, hair, and nails.

What it does:
This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin, as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types and is believed to help with skin conditions including acne. Argan Oil easily absorbs into skin to give you a youthful, dewy glow, and has astonishing healing, conditioning, and antiaging properties to keep your skin and hair nourished and revitalized and to keep you looking beautiful from head to toe.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Synthetic Fragrances
- Synthetic Dyes
- Petrochemicals
- Phthalates
- GMOs
- Triclosan

What else you need to know:
100% Pure Argan Oil is first cold pressed to ensure the best quality, highest-grade oil. It is housed in a recyclable glass bottle and purchased from women's cooperatives in Morocco to support their social and economic welfare. These cooperatives work within a UNESCO biosphere reserve that ensures the protection and reforestation of Argan trees.

Research results:
This product is clinically proven to improve skin hydration and skin elasticity after only four weeks. In just four weeks: Participants saw a visible reduction in coarse wrinkles and fine lines in the eye area, and more than 83% of women showed significantly improved skin hydration.
Josie Maran's Argan Oil comes in an glass amber bottle with a dropper top. Using the dropper isn't bothersome or messy. The dropper helps dispense the precise amount of product you want. My only complaint is that the in-out motion of the dropper repeatedly exposes the argan oil to air. It can't possibly help with the shelf life. I wish the product also included a pump top.


I put one drop of argan oil on the palm on my hand. With my ring finger, I dabbed at it in circular motions to warm it up a bit. Then I apply it the same way I normally apply my eye creams. It doesn't feel heavy or greasy. It is very lightweight feeling. It takes a minute or two for the product to completely absorb into the skin. After the argan oil, I apply my regular eye cream over it.

The next day my undereye skin glows. It's simply amazing. Within the course of a week, I have seen the smile lines around my eyes slowly smooth over. It's not completely gone, but it is much better than it's been within the last year. I am now truly converted to argan oil as an all over moisturizer.

Sidenote: I have also been using Le Métier de Beauté's Ultra Hydration Eye Mask Duo before applying the argan oil daily. I have to say that the two combined are a potent combination. I suspect argan oil alone will be fairly effective as well. To think I've invested so much time into looking at various types of eye cream when a tiny bottle of argan oil has provided me with the effects I have been so desperately looking for!

All photos (c) Little Luxuries 2013.

1 comment:

Robert Wilson said...

Anti-aging products for skin care area unit ever ever-changing with increasing studies and new bio-technologies. Here's a quick review of new--and some continuing--highly effective How Dermogenix Works